Monday, November 27, 2006

Candidiasis

I came across a discussion of candida infections on the EP board today. A little research turned up incredible amounts of information. Try googling "Candida epididymitis". It even turns up research articles on PubMed from 1993 detailing an actual condition called Candida Epididymitis...yet not a single doctor I've seen has ever even mentioned it as a possible cause! And there's a fairly simple treatment too: Fluconazole and possibly diet modification.

I'm going to get tested later today for candidiasis.

Doctors: Patients pay you so much because you are supposed to know this stuff...and when you are presented with problems you can't find a cause for much less treat, you're supposed to research so you can do both. Few of the doctors I've seen for this problem have earned the money I paid for them. Instead, they've done no research, then laughed at mine as if I'm an illiterate peasant. I've lost so much respect for doctors in general. Way to go guys...keep it up and you will create activists that will make you wish you had chosen other professions.

3 Comments:

Anonymous james hodges said...

what were the results!?!?!?!?

i too am living in 'epididymitis hell' currently-- did treatment for a fungal infection cure your epididymitis?

please post a follow-up, i'm dying to know. my nuts are killing me.

3:16 PM  
Blogger b-h said...

Any update? James you got cured?

7:12 AM  
Blogger b-h said...

Any update? James you got cured?

7:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home